Wednesday 26 September 2018

Collage

 In class for topic we have been learning about plastic and how it is polluting the world. We have been making a collage to show what we have been learning. We included sky, land, sea and sand on our collages. We had two pieces of paper and stuck them together. Then we drew lines to mark where the land, sea, sky and the sand were. Then we got some magazines and ripped out paper strips of the magazines and stuck them on the background paper to match the environment . We used pva glue and stuck the strips of paper on the collage. Next we put them on the collage for the background. When we were done we drew some sea animals then we cut them out and stuck them on the collage. We found some plastic that we brought from home  and stuck it on the collage.
The bit that I thought was hard is the sand I think that it could be better next time with more yellow paper.

The bad thing about it was keeping up on the coloured paper by ripping it out and sticking it on the collage.

The hard thing was cutting out the fish, turtle,eel and the crab and sticking it on the collage. Next time we should add more animals like birds and we could also make the mountains higher.
By Annabelle, Bella and Hunter



2 comments:

  1. Annabelle, I thought you and your group did an amazing job on your collage, I saw how hard you worked and you've created an amazing piece of art, as well as one with lots of valuable meaning. Did you enjoy the process of making the collage? I also think you've described the process really clearly in your document, you used lots of detail so I know exactly how it all came together. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! My name is Oscar from Manukau, Te Waka Ako, Waikowhai Primary School. You have made an extremely interesting blog post about what you have been doing in class. It reminds me of when I was making a paper mache fish in class and I used some collaging on my background. Have you thought about where you place your full stops? If you would like to see my learning, my blog address is: http://wpsoscarc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.